Educational Apps What are Their Advantages, Did you know that there are currently more than 80,000 educational apps. In a world where we depend more and more on our mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, to stay connected, more and more applications are developing for all kinds of functions. Educational apps are also increasing and parents, teachers and students can benefit from it.
Table of Contents
What are Educational Apps?
The growing popularity of mobile technology (phones and tablets) and access to an almost unlimited internet connection and from anywhere that we enjoy today have enabled the emergence of a new approach to e-learning (learning through the internet) known as m-learning or mobile learning. Mobile learning enables more personalized learning in any situation, taking advantage of the different learning contexts that our daily lives offer us.
An educational app is a multimedia program designe through electronic devices and use as a mobile learning tool.
Why is it Interesting to Mix Educational Apps in the Classroom?
The habit of educational apps in the school situation has numerous advantages, as we point out below:
- They allow knowledge in any context, inside and outside the Classroom. Life becomes the perfect setting for learning. The barriers of time and space are blurred.
- The great popularity of mobile strategies among people of all ages means that educational apps positively influence student motivation.
- Educational apps usually have an important playful component, since starting from gamification, they integrate the typical dynamics of the game and reward to attain the learning objectives. It allows the student to learn by playing.
- These educational applications also encourage great user interaction, breaking with the classic passive learning experience and allowing richer and more effective learning. The student is also an active participant throughout the process.
- As they are multimedia programs with important graphic content made up of videos, images, audio, etc., the attraction for students is multiplie, favouring the maintenance of their attention.
- Being always connected, access to new information and also, notices is done immediately.
- Educational applications allow the creation of a more personalized learning environment adapted to the specific needs of each student, promoting self-directed learning.
- They favor the participation and also, empowerment of students, creating interesting spaces for teamwork in collaborative environments.
- It allows the new skills or knowledge to be applie at the time of acquisition. It results in more experiential and, therefore, more memorable learning.
Some Examples Of Interesting Educational Apps For Students And Teachers
If you need to check the effectiveness of these tools, here is a list of educational apps that are very popular among teachers and students:
Smartick : It is one of the best applications in the market to learn mathematics. Its main interest is that it adapts in real-time to the student’s ability and pace, offering calculation and also, logic exercises to solve fully adapted to their level.
Anatomy : It is an interesting application to learn anatomy. It has a very attractive and easy-to-use interface. Thanks to the use of models of the human body built-in 3D, it enhances self-learning.
Planeta Geo : This is an application for children aime at learning geography. Its main attraction is its complete color maps that help memorize the capitals and countries.
Tydlig : It is a magnificent advance calculator. Which takes advantage of the information storage potential to offer a calculation experience more in line with modern times.
Verbs : It is an excellent consultation application that does not need an internet connection. It allows us to see the conjugation of all the verbs of the Castilian language collected by the RAE.
Addition: This application is a notebook for teachers that allows effective and also, easy classroom management. Solving all the needs that a teacher encounters daily.